Director/Producer/Church & Media Consultant/Mayor/Professor
Presbyterian Media Mission (PMM), 901 Allegheny Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15233
- Received Silver Remi Award, in April 2013, Houston International Film Festival, Producer of “Walk – A Presbyterian Journey” video for Pittsburgh churches.
- Received Gold Remi Award, Houston International Film Festival – Producer of “Come Walk with Us” video for the General Assembly Summer 2012 in Pittsburgh.
- Received a New York International Radio Festival Silver Medal for a PASSAGES Radio Program featuring Lesley Bilinda – “Lesley Inside Rwanda” in 1997.
- Creative Director/Media Coordinator for the best local church advertising in 1993 – Religious Public Relations Council – Wilbur Award 1994.
- A Gabriel Award-winning producer for both the Best Syndicated Religious Radio Show in the country and the Best Syndicated Short Feature in the country in 1992.
- Winner, in a joint cooperative effort with Philadelphia Presbytery and BBC, of a DeRose-Hinklehouse Award for the mission video GOOD NEWS: Film at Eleven.
- A Gabriel Award-winning producer for the Best Radio Short Features in the country, TAPESTRY OF HOPE in 1985 and CHOICE (series) in 1987.
- TV Production Assistant with the Wilbur Award-winning television special THE CIRCLE OF HOPE produced by the Presbyterian Media Mission 1981.
- Served on a church-wide task force on communications for the G.A.C. of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Elected Mayor of Mars, PA in November 2013 and began office January 6, 2014
- Adjunct Professor at Penn State Beaver Campus Communications
- Received Master’s Degree at Carnegie Mellon University in Non-Profit Public Policy Management and Public Relations in 2009.
- Received a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from Slippery Rock State University, Slippery Rock, PA in 1981.
- Received a First Class FCC Broadcast/Engineering License in 1974.
- On-air personality/engineer at WCBG, Chambersburg, PA: WARO, Canonsburg, PA; WISR, Butler, PA; WRCK, Slippery Rock, PA; WDUQ, Pittsburgh, PA; and WFEM, Ellwood City, PA.
- Co-hosted weekly live/recorded public affairs music/talk programs, SUNDAY MORNING PITTSBURGH that aired on WSHH-FM/WJAS-AM in Pittsburgh and on radio station WWKS-FM, Beaver Falls, Pittsburgh.
- Elder in local church, Crestview Community Church PCUSA, Callery, PA. Chaired Christian Education, Youth Ministry, Interpretation and Stewardship, and Personnel Committees.
- Served as Chairperson of Beaver-Butler Presbytery Communications Committee.
- Mission experience in Japan as a college student from the Synod of the Trinity.
- Student of Austrian Literature and Culture at the University of Salzburg (Salzburg, Austria) and went to Malawi, Africa in summer 2015 on a mission trip.
- Personal info: Married to Tina and has three children Matt (29 years old) served in the Marines, Michele (26 years old) graduate of Savannah College of Art & Design, and Maria (22 years old) attending BC3/works at Giant Eagle. Two granddaughters (Mabel & Ruby).
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, PMM is a faith-based non-profit media organization of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). PMM is supported by nine Presbyteries, two synods and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)’s Office of Communication.
We are an electronic/digital mission that seeks “in a world of confusing and competing messages, to communicate a creative and compelling witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ through media.”
Presbyterian Media Mission
901 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15233
Phone: (412) 323-1400, extension 311
FAX: (412) 323-2256